Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Year's 2016


Last year Catherine, one of my best friends from my hometown, threw a glamorous New Year's Eve party complete with a photo corner, a formal dress code, and lots of glitter. This year, her New Year's Eve bash was a little more low-key and less formal, but that didn't stop me from picking out a sequined LBD and going all out for the occasion.
My beautiful best friend, Tara, being photogenic as usual 
 My red eyes are severe in these photos due to my iPhone's flash


 A candid picture of me singing "shut up and dance with me!"


 My favorite picture of the night :)
And a close second favorite with a lovely human being 
Our party's stunning host, Catherine!

My friends and I were discussing this night how to some people, New Year's Eve is just another day, but to us, it's a vital rite of passage each year. We feel it's absolutely essential to recognize and celebrate a holiday that gives cause to reflect on a beautiful past year and hope for an even grander one to come. It's the perfect holiday for retrospective, sentimental people like myself. Every December 31st, I feel like I'm holding a year-long, world-wide collective breath that I can finally release at midnight, throwing up all my fears, regrets, anticipations, and faith with confetti. Plus, it's never wrong to give yourself a reason to dress up.

No comments:

Post a Comment