Wednesday, January 6, 2016

52 Art Challenge 2016


I'm definitely right-sided when it comes to brain functioning: I'm into dance, music, poetry, theatre, art, and all things creative. I've tried just about every artistic hobby one can pursue, but I always seem to be a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none sort of girl.

That's why this year, I've committed myself to what I'm calling the 52 Art Challenge! My idea is not unique and I'm sure there are myriad other bloggers who are doing similar (or even more daunting 365) challenges and projects. The main idea is that for 2016, I'm going to complete one artistic project every week so that by the end of the year, I will have completed 52 works of art!

It's so easy to get wrapped up in schoolwork and other obligations and entirely forget about the things that make you smile when you're stressed. Hopefully, my 52 art challenge will allow me to practice a few skills and gain some peace whenever things get too hectic in the upcoming year. My first piece of art that I've completed is a galaxy-themed canvas painting with a modified Harry Potter quote (one spoken by the ineffable Ginny Weasley):


While I still need some work in regards to lettering when I paint, I'm really thrilled with the way the background came out! I was terrible at painting when I first started crafting last spring, so I've already come a long way. Hopefully over the course of 2016 I can improve my lettering skills, because I love hanging canvases with quotes around my room.

I'm working on another Kate Spade-inspired piece of wall art at the moment, but I think for next week's art project I'll try something musical. What's your favorite art medium? Do you have any resolutions or goals that will take you all year to pursue? If so, best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment