|This is a picture of me headed to my second Taylor Swift concert - only 16 years old here!|
10. Crazier (The Hannah Montana Movie Soundtrack) - Because it was such a pretty, sweet, slow song and I adored the Hannah Montana movie on its own, but throw in my favorite singer making a cameo as herself? I was hooked.
8. Sparks Fly (Speak Now) - Because when I was a sophomore in high school, my crush had green eyes, and that made this catchy, upbeat song super relatable.
7. I'd Lie (Taylor Swift) - Because this was the first song I'd heard by Taylor and, subsequently, the first song I taught myself to play on the guitar (back when I knew I was going to be the next Taylor Swift).
6. Change (Fearless) - Because it's often forgotten in the wake of her countless hits, but nonetheless inspiring (especially to hear as a middle school girl, which is one of life's most difficult phases).
5. Haunted (Speak Now) - Because there's a version with just piano as the background and it's hauntingly (no pun intended) beautiful.
4. Treacherous (Red) - Because I heard this song when I was on the brink of my first relationship, and nothing captures those early butterflies like this song.
3. Style (1989) - Because it's totally different from her early works, and it's so blatantly written about Harry Styles, and Taylor is unashamed to name a song after her ex, and it's so darn catchy.
2. The Last Time (Red) - I might claim that Red is my least favorite Taylor Swift album, but the few songs I do like really resonate with me. The passion and power in this melancholy song make it truly unforgettable, and Gary Lightbody is truly phenomenal.
1. All Too Well (Red) - One of my favorite songs (of all time!?), this song is soft and sad until it builds to its powerful, aching bridge. This is the poetry that makes me love Taylor Swift, people. These lyrics ("You call me up again just to break me like a promise") are what I'm here for.
Of course, as an artist with a repertoire as enormous as Taylor's (at only 25!), it's impossible to pick just ten favorite songs. Other notable tracks include Long Live (which is probably number 11 on my top 10 list), The Other Side of the Door, Invisible, Last Kiss, Dear John, Wildest Dreams, Mary's Song...you get the idea. I could have a top 20 list and still not name all my favorite songs, especially since my musical choices really depend on my mood. Luckily, there's a Taylor Swift song for every occasion!
Would do you think of her new album? Are you a fan of her former country tunes? Do you love her transformation from country princess to pop queen? Are you thrilled that there's now a Taylor Swift song for just about every genre you could think of? I know I am!