Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 - The Year of Words



I decided long before New Year's Eve that 2015 was going to be an important year for me - the year of words. Now, this isn't much of a shock to people who know me - I had my first article published in my town's newspaper when I was in third grade, I won the English department award when graduating high school, I'm an English major, and I own no less than four literary-themed shirts. Of course 2015 is going to be a year of words - every year in my life is a year of words.

But 2015 is going to be the year I focus on words, and making words count:

  • I made it a goal to write every day
  • While interning at CollegeFashion.net, I'll be writing a lot anyway!
  • I've determined to settle for nothing less than high A's on all my papers this semester (not that I've ever slacked off in class, but I want a 4.0 GPA, not the 3.9 I got this semester)
  • I've decided to minor in marketing, which will hopefully help me learn how to market my words...or something.
But even more importantly than writing words, 2015 is going to be the year of me reading words. Last year, I was horrified when Alyssa asked me if I had read any good books lately, and my answer was a shocking no! I had gotten so caught up in reading books for my classes, I hadn't read for fun all year! Alyssa's most recent post on her 2015 Reading Goals, not to mention the following picture I've found on Pinterest, has inspired me to read much more this year and remember to read more than just the assigned reading for my English classes. 


This list is pretty ambitious, but if you're up for the challenge, head over to PopSugar and download a copy of the 2015 Reading Challenge! Whether you have a set number of books you'd like to read this year or you're just hoping to pick up one new book, good luck and happy reading! 

2 comments:

  1. I saw this list as well and thought how amazing it would be to try it! I'm so glad that you'll be reading more this year so we can talk all about it :)

    Alyssa J Freitas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait to have all sorts of in-depth discussions about books this year! :)

      Delete